Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Question

Hello

I have a 95 3.4 v6 firebird that I will eventually convert to a ls engine. My fuel tank is currently leaking. I have a ls plastic fuel tank that I want to install. My question is simple but I can't find an answer. Can I run an ls1 fuel pump for my 3.4? I don't want to drop the tank again when I do the swap so my hope is that I can just install the ls fuel pump and run it for the 3.4 until I make the swap. Is this possible?

Last edited by jcparmley; 02-20-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyone who can help me figure this out?

Originally Posted by jcparmley
Hello

I have a 95 3.4 v6 firebird that I will eventually convert to a ls engine. My fuel tank is currently leaking. I have a ls plastic fuel tank that I want to install. My question is simple but I can't find an answer. Can I run an ls1 fuel pump for my 3.4? I don't want to drop the tank again when I do the swap so my hope is that I can just install the ls fuel pump and run it for the 3.4 until I make the swap. Is this possible?
Old 02-20-2016, 09:15 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

No answers because I don't think this has been done before, you'll be the first.

I'll say yes, it'll work.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jcparmley
Is there anyone who can help me figure this out?
First question has the floor ever been cut to access the fuel pump. If you don't know go lift the carpet the hatch area and take a look. If you going to LT1 it would be a better match but your not. The 95 v6 pump has a flow rate of like 50 gph and need fuel pressure of 37 . The LS1 has a lower flow of 38 gph and needs 58 Psi to run a LS1.The 95 tank was steel and had different design than the LS. If you have 99-02 plastic tank fuel cap is 16.8 gal. The 1998 tank is steel and holds
LS1 15.5 gal . You may be able to run it with a vette regulator. Go the third gen and look for a ls1 tank swap as this would be similar pressures and lines.Good luck hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Question