Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pcv catch can routing help needed, PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pcv catch can routing help needed, PLEASE

In need of assistance with the routing and installation of a catch can system on my engine build. I have modified an lq9 motor with the installation of an ls1 intake and accessories like that of a 2002 z28.

I have on the motor the original valve covers with have one vent tube about 3 inches from the front on the inner side of the passenger side valve cover and a pcv valve in the rear of the drivers side valve cover.

I am using the dbw throttle body from the 2002 escalade which was attached to the lq9 donor motor. On the drivers side the is one port in which i have found out can be capped since this is not an emissions swap.

My question is this, there are two ports on the passenger side of the throttle body. How do i route and hook these up with the two valve cover ports and where a catch catch be placed within the correct routing.

Really appreciate any assistance given. Completely stumped here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PCVCATCHCAN.pdf (158.4 KB, 452 views)

Last edited by slammin sammie; 03-11-2016 at 12:17 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-11-2016, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the second picture the number 1 labeled connector goes to the long connection on the passenger side valve cover near the oil fill for the metered crank case vent. The number 2 labeled connector is the PCV line which would connect to the nipple on the back of the drivers valve cover but would also "T" into a connection on the back of the passenger valve cover on FBodys. This is the connection you install your catch can in-between. flow should follow rear valve cover connection "s" -> catch can input -> catch can out -> number 2 port on side of intake manifold.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, that is exactly what i needed to know.

Quick Reply: Pcv catch can routing help needed, PLEASE