Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High RPM Idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default High RPM Idle

A little background on the car. Lq9 408 with f1a procharger. Ls6 intake. Lines are capped on throttle body that im not using. When first crank car, it will hold idle at 1800-2000. Then slowly idle down, i can bearly touch throttle, registers 2% when I logged it and it will soar back up and hols and after 15-20 seconds come down. It will rwpeat this for a couple minutes. Then it will go back to normal. I thought it was a temp related thing but even if you kill the car at operating temp and crank it right back it will do it. I pulled the IAC and sprayed the TB down and wiped it out. Any other ideas? Im open for anything.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Nobody...
Old 03-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Vacuum leak? Is it tuned?

If tuned, your running airflow is way too high most likely or your TB is too open. It's a bit of a chasing your tail to get your TB open just enough to get your IAC counts in the 60-80 range hot at idle. But something in the .55v range would be a good place to start for TPS voltage at 0% postion.

Once you get that, set your running airflow by starting the car and warming it up without touching the gas and logging it. You may need to adjust the TB after doing this if our IAC counts are off. Thus, rinse and repeat until you can get IAC counts right with the proper RAF.

Once that's adjusted, you can re-tune the bottom of the VE table to dial it in. You may also need to adjust your throttle cracker and follower tables since they control how much the IAC opens on throttle open and how fast it closes on throttle shut.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:56 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
Vacuum leak? Is it tuned?

If tuned, your running airflow is way too high most likely or your TB is too open. It's a bit of a chasing your tail to get your TB open just enough to get your IAC counts in the 60-80 range hot at idle. But something in the .55v range would be a good place to start for TPS voltage at 0% postion.

Once you get that, set your running airflow by starting the car and warming it up without touching the gas and logging it. You may need to adjust the TB after doing this if our IAC counts are off. Thus, rinse and repeat until you can get IAC counts right with the proper RAF.

Once that's adjusted, you can re-tune the bottom of the VE table to dial it in. You may also need to adjust your throttle cracker and follower tables since they control how much the IAC opens on throttle open and how fast it closes on throttle shut.
What could possibly be leaking?

I know my tps is at .38v at 0% and doesnt move when the car goes into ita fits

Quick Reply: High RPM Idle