Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damage assessment

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Damage assessment

So my nite just went from mildly annoyed to disaster real quick lol. Originally was suppose to shoot some steel with my new 700 build I don't think that's happening now though. Anyways I forgot to latch my top( you'd think after the first time I'd remember oh well). That may have been a blessing though because when I turned around to grab my now road rashed top I smelled burning oil. So I decided to return home and inspect the top and oil smell, the which may be repairable was my least concern. For you see for awhile now at idle my car would sort of squeak so I and a friend replaced the belt which seemed to rid most the squeak and made me think I just needed to replace the ac belt to. Well that squeak might just of been the harmonic balancer because it seems to be off the shaft completely now. I removed the intake ducting to try to get a closer look and although i could see no damage on top I'm assuming it must of busted the bottom of the front timing cover as that would explain the oil mess now. Since it's a c5 the rack and pinion is in the way from allowing the balancer to come off completely to see the damage. Since it's already after midnight Hear I just wasn't in the mood to screw with anymore. So what's everyone thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Damage assessment-photo779.jpg  

Quick Reply: Damage assessment