Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals on a stock car..

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True duals on a stock car..

Anyone have any True dual clips on a stock LS1? I checked over at LS1sounds and I cant seem to find any clips on a stock internal LS1, they all have cams or are a larger stroked motor. I'm just lookin for soundclips of these 3 setups on a basically stock LS1. (Internal wise anyways)

Here's the setupds I'm really lookin for.

Flowmasters 1 chambers
Lanes True duals with bullets
Or

The one I'm looking for the most
Lanes true duals with the flow pro's.

I heard a clip of the flow pros on lanes website, but i dont think it was a stock car either. I would really like to hear the 3 so I can make a better decision before i buy. Thanks again guys

Brandon
Old 06-15-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

I dont have a sound clip but I do have lanes dual twister setup. Get the flow pros you wont be disappointed.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
I dont have a sound clip but I do have lanes dual twister setup. Get the flow pros you wont be disappointed.
I've heard alot of good about the flow pro's thats why i want to consider them.

As of now I have the SLP Loudmouth setup on stock manifolds. So I was just kinda wanting to compare how much louder if any it would be when i go with true duals, and a set of Hooker Lt's
Old 06-15-2004, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

I PM'ed Lane about that, and he said that it would sound great! Plus, you can use the stock cats, and not have to worry about spending 250-300 for new High Flow Cats.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ohmyneck
I've heard alot of good about the flow pro's thats why i want to consider them.

As of now I have the SLP Loudmouth setup on stock manifolds. So I was just kinda wanting to compare how much louder if any it would be when i go with true duals, and a set of Hooker Lt's
I went from stock + Loudmouth to longtubes, no cats, and true duals with dynomax bullets. It is hardly any louder now than stock plus loudmouth. It is a deeper, more powerfull sound (especially at idle), but as far as perceived decibels they are about the same. I think the flow pros will be a little quieter/deeper than the dynomax bullets. I would recommend against using cats, if you can stand your loudmouth you will have no problem living with the duals. They are less annoying as far as drone/resonance and sounds better
Old 06-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
I went from stock + Loudmouth to longtubes, no cats, and true duals with dynomax bullets. It is hardly any louder now than stock plus loudmouth. It is a deeper, more powerfull sound (especially at idle), but as far as perceived decibels they are about the same. I think the flow pros will be a little quieter/deeper than the dynomax bullets. I would recommend against using cats, if you can stand your loudmouth you will have no problem living with the duals. They are less annoying as far as drone/resonance and sounds better
So it wont be any louder now, than it will be once i get LT's and True Duals without cats I want my car to rumble but i think it wont happin without breaking down and buying a cam.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ohmyneck
So it wont be any louder now, than it will be once i get LT's and True Duals without cats I want my car to rumble but i think it wont happin without breaking down and buying a cam.
Oh, it will rumble with true duals. i was like you though, I expected it to just be flat out louder and it wasn't. It's okay though, at night you can hear me go WOT from like a mile away it seems. That being said, money permitting, I still have two very important mods left for the sound. Cutouts to open header, and a big cam