Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers Installed

Old 03-27-2016, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Racing Headers Installed

I figured I'd write up a quick post regarding my installation of 1 7/8 ARH installation. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had SLP longtubes on before that were the old design. My reasoning for changing them was the ground clearance issues after putting coilovers on.

I didn't replace my motor mounts as my car has 19,000 miles on it and it's not driven all that hard. They also looked to be in good shape. The headers slipped in with no problems. I did not have to take anything off the motor or loosen any mounting bolts. I ended up going with new GM manifold gaskets just to ensure a good seal. There was also plenty of room for the MSD spark plug boots.

The Y pipe bolted up nicely to the CME exhaust. I had to play with it a little to get it the way I wanted but it looks really clean. I may still have to make a little adjustment but nothing too major at this point.

The only issue I had was on the passenger side K-member. I had to notch out a small piece of the K member so that the header didn't hit. I only noticed the vibration occasionally when I was in reverse. These are bigger pipes which explains why my other SLP headers didn't rub. I haven't driven the car far yet as I have to tighten everything down with the suspension.

Overall I'm very pleased with the headers and the design. I'll be sure to get you some pictures. The one picture I have is of where I trimmed the K-member. It sort of hard to see because I painted it black already.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice I'm thinking about getting these also.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

imo ARH is the best.

let us know how much power you make over your old LTs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: American Racing Headers Installed