Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 trans am just shuts off

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 trans am just shuts off

My car tends to turn off without a warning and it's become common. I have replaced the alternator and battery and it still dis out on me. I checked to see if my fuel pump is holding pressure it it seems fine. Also inspected the fuel pump fuse and it was normal....my car isn't throwing a check engine light and I'm stumped...help?
Old 03-31-2016, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Something similar happened to me awhile back and it ended up being the started solenoid or the ignition solenoid. Try swapping around solenoids to see if that stops/cures it. Only do two at a time so you can make sure you don't forget where they originally came from.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ggino85
Something similar happened to me awhile back and it ended up being the started solenoid or the ignition solenoid. Try swapping around solenoids to see if that stops/cures it. Only do two at a time so you can make sure you don't forget where they originally came from.
Really appreciate the advice, but after a long process of elimination I solved my problem. I had a loose crank sensor connector. The wires were badly damaged soI bought a new connector and soldered it on...it has run smooth ever since. Hopefully this can help somebody in the future.

Quick Reply: 2002 trans am just shuts off