Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opsu or cps oil leaks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Opsu or cps oil leaks?

After putting on my turbo a year ago i started to develop an oil leak.I thought for sure it had to be the rear main seal from having boost.Well Im in the middle of doing a new clutch and figured id solve it with a new main seal and rear cover gasket.I was expecting my old clutch to be fried in oil because my oil leak leave a good puddle while running its a steady drip of oil once every second.But having the trans out showed no sign of my oil leaking from the rear main.I replaced it anyways because of the mileage. So now Im thinking it must be either the opsu or cps as both are covered in oil.But curious as to how often they should be replaced and how common this type of leak is.Any insight to tips on changing them or specific parts i should use.I hate the burn smell of oil and just having people stare at the car thinking its on fire.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, I've been fighting with my CPS sensor o ring leaking for awhile now. I can't seem to get it to stop. It's improved but under load, I'm still seeing seepage from it. I've bought 2 or 3 sensors now. All have come with new o rings. I'm starting to wonder if I should try an oring with a slightly bigger OD and same ID to get a tighter seal.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Yea Im hoping if I replace both the opsu and cps and clean things very well and let it sit for 24hrs before starting the car it should seal and not leak anymore.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

Just replaced both the cps o-ring and opsu and at first I had no leaks. I made a hard pull up the street and came back and parked on my driveway. Sure enough I see drops of oil on the ground. Looked at the cps and opsu and fresh oil is sitting there again. Short of buying a new cps is there any advice on the best way to ensure a proper seal when putting the cps back in.Ive read guys have tried things like rtv on the sensor or doubling up on the o-ring. I wiped the area down before and even tried spraying brake clean down there before I put the sensor in,let it sit for 2 days and fresh oil change.Running out of ideas and it sucks to have oil spew out if i make a hard pull on boost and then a puddle of oil .

Quick Reply: Opsu or cps oil leaks?