Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 into 94 t/a won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 into 94 t/a won't start

Hello, I swapped a 98 z28 LS1 into my 94 T/A. It started right up and all. Now after a few months later without driving bc my brakes are still no good, the car won't start, I turn the key and hear the pump prime and even smell fuel and nothing. I have been trying to do the VATs bypass. Between the key and the connector under the dash I get 1170-1180 ohms(key 5) but at the wire that goes to the BCM I get 5ohms; could it be my BCM? I don't understand how it could be good one min then bang, it's dead. My battery was drained after 2 months of not starting it and it was roughly a year old. Any suggestions, I really need to get this beast rolling since it's been hear for 2 years and now I need a car. Thanks to all
Old 04-19-2016, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Search these forums and bing/google for "VATS BCM" and you'll find plenty of evidence of and info about BCM failures(also how to test). It happens a lot in the F-bodies apparently..and they are getting to that age where things are less reliable.

Quick Reply: Ls1 into 94 t/a won't start