Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screwed up position here need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Screwed up position here need help!

I'm doing a heads cam swap on my car and debating on purchasing a fast 90 manifold throttle body and rails from someone on the forum, problem is I'm on my last 900 bucks and i still owe 400 for my heads, {car has stock ls1 intake manifold on now}, should I bite the bullet be broke for a couple weeks and buy this fast intake, or just run a stock intake till I have enough to do the fast. I heard ls1 intake manifolds choke a heads/cam cars is this true? help please
Car is a Auto with 4K yank stall
Old 05-07-2016, 05:56 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no question that the FAST would be an improvement on a heads/cam car and that you'd pick up some horsepower, but going broke to get it probably isn't the best choice. Save your cash and pay as you go is probably a better way. There is nothing like have some cash on hand if you have an emergency!
Old 05-07-2016, 06:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't let this game mess you up financially. You need to figure in price for a tune also. My best advice would be save up until you can just do this all at once. Intake and everything. There will no doubt be things you need to run up and grab at the parts store during your install.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BREWS02WS6
Don't let this game mess you up financially. You need to figure in price for a tune also. My best advice would be save up until you can just do this all at once. Intake and everything. There will no doubt be things you need to run up and grab at the parts store during your install.
I agree!! There will ALWAYS be little things you don't account for that add up. Don't go broke modding your car for fun. Life throws you a curveball and you're broke...not a place you want to be.

Quick Reply: Screwed up position here need help!