Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help choosing engine management system

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing engine management system

Long story short, I have been building a 408 for a mostly street first gen camaro. The project has gone way over budget at this point, but I just prefer to do things the best I can but not waste money.

The motor will be NA with a 200 wet shot. It will use a NW 102 cable throttle body, T56 magnum, LSXRT, MMS 235's, 235/240 @ low 600's, FIC injectors 50lbs.

I was thinking about using the Atomic EFI from MSD. It is self tunning and would allow me to play with a decent amount of parameters. It also cleans up the wiring harness significantly. This eliminates some expensive dyno time possibly too.

The second option is the Fast Easy EFI. I don't know much about this system to be honest.

Thrid option is that I have an 04 Escalade computer and harness but I heard I need an earlier camaro computer due to the cable throttle body. I would also like to use an aftermarket harness to clean things up and make it easier for me if I go this route ($). Then I would also need to have it tuned.($)

What would you do on a motor like this for my application? Opinions greatly appreciated.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holley EFI.
The HP system will be more than enough for you. Closed loop for the fuel tuning. I have not found a reason to dyno mine. Track tuned then we thru it on the dyno and found it was on the money with my track tune.

Tim

Quick Reply: Need help choosing engine management system