Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cant decide if I would be wasting my money..

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant decide if I would be wasting my money..

Going with true duals..

I know true duals are cool and they sound scary, but I allready have a dynomouth setup now, and its fairly loud. I guess I was just wondering if I went with headers, and true duals (either flowmaster 1 chambers, or Lanes flo pro twisties) if it would be louder than my stock manifolds with the dynomouth?

If i stick with my dynomouth, I'd go with an O/R Y pipe and Hooker LT's It would sound insanley loud but i think it may sound like shat.

If i go with true duals i think it would sound alot deeper, and have a nice tone to it.. But i just cant decide. By christmas I'll have a cam.. but for now it will be on stock internals.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Launching!

Anyone? I live here in Oklahoma so its kinda hard to hear any other f-bodys with exhaust. The Dynomouth sounds pretty damn loud, but i know if i go with headers, and a y-pipe it wont have a good tone. Just currious as to if I spend the extra $$$ to swap the dynomouth for true duals and headers if it would be any louder. Thanks guys
Old 06-17-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Go ahead and do the swap to true dual's . Go to www.ls1sounds.com and compare your dynomouth to true dual's and see witch one is louder. You will be able to hear the difference with header's, X pipe, and duals. The 1 chamber flowmaster's sound sweet but they have a little clearence issue's unlike the bullet's. Good luck man hope in the end you are happy.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote: Go with the duals! I don't care how loud the dynomouth is, it doesn't sound as good as duals! I LOVE mine. As for loud, when I start it up cold in the middle of the night (got out of work 2:30 this morning) it really roars to life. Scared one of my managers that parked next to me one night
Then I just sat there and listened to it idle for a few mins cause i was giving someone a ride that had to smoke (so, obviously, they had to smoke BEFORE getting in my car!)
Old 06-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Launching!

Dont get me wrong I know ture duals will sound great, and I really want my car to sound damn mean. It sounds pretty good now, with just the dynomouth, but I just get so tired of these Mustang's revin on me and it sound twice as deep and twice as loud ya know.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ohmyneck
Dont get me wrong I know ture duals will sound great, and I really want my car to sound damn mean. It sounds pretty good now, with just the dynomouth, but I just get so tired of these Mustang's revin on me and it sound twice as deep and twice as loud ya know.
cutout ive had many cars race me that kept missing gears cuz they couldnt hear their car
Old 06-21-2004, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

i would go with the duals though they sound sweeeeeeet
Old 06-21-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you get dauls, with Flowmaster 10 series, it will be louder than the current set-up for sure. But you can get other mufflers so it will be quieter and still sound deep
Old 06-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
If you get dauls, with Flowmaster 10 series, it will be louder than the current set-up for sure. But you can get other mufflers so it will be quieter and still sound deep
I've narrowed it down to either Flowmaster 1 chambers or Lanes true duals with the flow pro twisties. If i do go with duals.. will i have any issues with a drive shaft saftey loop, or LCA's? Also in about a year I plan to put some lowering springs on it as well.