Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the best exhaust for a 2000 WS6 that is pretty cheap and adds the most HP?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile What is the best exhaust for a 2000 WS6 that is pretty cheap and adds the most HP?!

I just recently bought a 2000 WS6. It has tips, but it still has the stock exhaust.... I was wondering what would be the best exhaust for me to purchase. Preferably the least expensive ( but still sounds nice), that adds the most HP. I was also thinking of purchasing Headers.. but i wouldn't know what kind to purchase with money as an issue. If you have any words of advice i would appreciate it.

Old 06-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Get the Loud Mouth I think its the best sounding. also you can find them used at a decent price.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

cheapest way to go is probably some pacesetters off road y pipe and a cut out. you should gain the most power out of that then if you want a better muffler setup i suggest the spintech it has a real nice deep mellow tone to it but it's not too loud when cruising around.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:43 AM
TECH Resident

just a catback, i'd go with an SLP loudmouth. but if you headers i'd go with pacesetter long tubes and true duals
Old 06-18-2004, 12:48 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

read the two stickies.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:14 AM
TECH Junkie

cutout is cheapest
electric cutout is still 2nd to cheapest with manual cutout take the #1 spot but electric cutout is sooooooooo cool.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '00 WS6
I just recently bought a 2000 WS6. It has tips, but it still has the stock exhaust.... I was wondering what would be the best exhaust for me to purchase. Preferably the least expensive ( but still sounds nice), that adds the most HP. I was also thinking of purchasing Headers.. but i wouldn't know what kind to purchase with money as an issue. If you have any words of advice i would appreciate it.

How much do you have to spend? I got jet-hots and speed inc's true duals for about $1k. You could do headers/duals for less than that, though. I paid $515 for my headers and there are cheaper ones available, especially lately. You can order a dual setup from someone like lanes or TSP and have it mailed then fitted by a local shop if you are not close enough to a good speed shop to drive there. But then again, anytime anyone asks about exhaust off headers I say true duals, i am a little bias FWIW: I had the loudmouth before I got headers and I definately liked it, but the duals sound so much deaper/better, IMO. If you dont get headers, cutout is cheapest. If you plan to get headers later you could get a cheap cutout now and save for headers/duals or you could get a cat-back now and reserach them enough to make sure that you will want to use the same cat-back once you get headers. For that route, you should check out the Hooker cat-back, IMO. GMMG is best sounding cat-back but VERY pricey. To figure all these things out, start by reading the stickies.

Edit: i just saw you are from houston. You have the best selection of aftermarket vendors/speed shops at your fingertips there in texas, from what i can gather.

Quick Reply: What is the best exhaust for a 2000 WS6 that is pretty cheap and adds the most HP?!