Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Loudmouth with headers and y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Loudmouth with headers and y pipe

i know ive read alot about replacing the resonator with a dynomax bullet muffler and that that helps a bit to get rid of rasp. has anyone tried anything else?? i was thinking about maybe trying a few other mufflers, like the dynatech splitflow race muffler or the dynomax ultra flo 6 inch round muffler. what about putting two short race mufflers like the dynatech which are 6 inchs long right before the exit of the pipes out the back of the car???
Old 06-19-2004, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evergreen0077
i know ive read alot about replacing the resonator with a dynomax bullet muffler and that that helps a bit to get rid of rasp. has anyone tried anything else?? i was thinking about maybe trying a few other mufflers, like the dynatech splitflow race muffler or the dynomax ultra flo 6 inch round muffler. what about putting two short race mufflers like the dynatech which are 6 inchs long right before the exit of the pipes out the back of the car???
for the most part putting the mufflers right at the back wont do much good. my friend has an SS with longtubes, duals and bullets RIGHT AT the tailpipe tips. it sounds pretty bad.

the dynomax bullet muffler thing DOES WORK. my exhaust sounds AWESOME. its slightly raspy but nowhere near what everyone makes it out to be. it has a quiet rumble at idle, is slightly noisy in the cabin but not unbearable or loud enough to necessitate screaming a conversation or anything and flat out SCREAMS BLOODY MURDER when you step on the loud pedal. i HIGHLY recommend it. it doesnt hurt either that it will naturally make slightly better power than baffle-style muffled systems.

honestly the dynomax makes a BIG difference over the LM resonator when headers are involved.