Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the best way to go about port matching the lsx?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats the best way to go about port matching the lsx?

I am debating getting one of these and would want to port match it to my heads but I don't want to mess the thing up if I get one. Do you guys use a dremel to do this? If so which attachements? If not what tools do you use and how do you make sure the measurements are exact?
Old 06-21-2004, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the pictures I've seen, it looks like it has index marks already.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The index marks are there to let you know the maximum amount you can grind. I would assume the best way to do it would be to remove the top portion of the intake, then bolt the lower portion to your heads. I would put something in the ports of the heads so the material dosen't fall in. I plan to use a dremel with the wand attachment and the sanding rolls. Then just open it up till it matches your heads, clean up, and go. This is the method I'm going to use.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you would not be afraid of taking some material out of the ports? even if it is just the slightest. I was thinking of this idea as well but I did not want to even in the slightest way hit my intake ports with the dremel, Maybe it would not matter who knows.

What we need is a couple sets of heads that are all different cc sizes and we can pass them around to whoever needs to port the lsx. If only life was perfect.