Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98-02 F-Bodymaximiser hp headers and y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 98-02 F-Bodymaximiser hp headers and y pipe

Good quality, pass side slid in from top with valve cover removed, driver side slid in from bottom with oil filter removed. NO pipe to frame issues NO need for steering buckle removal. Two spark plug wires need to be slightly trimmed to slide all the way in the metal protecter on each side for it to not rest on the header or buy 2 90° degree plug wires. 106k miles stock motor mounts. No banging. NEED EGR /AIR BLOCK OFFS. The mounts are facing the wrong direction on the headeers therefore making it impossible for mounting air egr. Gaskets are garbage. Reuse or buy new gm manifold mls gaskets i reused my stockers looked clean. No leaks. Need one exteded 02 sensor for driver rear port, if you are keeping a functional look if not you need rear 02 plugs or weld the holes closed. Fronts were fine plugged right up. All the y pipe clamps and bullet (fake cats) back clamps WONT clamp. FAKE cats. Just bullets. The gaskets and flanges for the header to bullet mufflers work well. I had a shop weld all the other pipes. Y pipe wont mount inside the stock y pipe merge, had a shop stretch it and weld it. Had it tuned for 250, 100 for welds i think 7 welds. And 30 for plates.

Last edited by S_Sprouse; 09-24-2016 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Title
Old 09-24-2016, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

any issues removing the header bolts?
Old 09-24-2016, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Not at all. Spray PB blaster on the header bolts, y pipe clamp bolt, cat bolts if you wanna remove em before the manifold comes off one day before and few hours before you attempt i used a tiny *** 10mm ratchet wrench (not a socket and ratchet) its the wrenches with a circular end and a box end in which the circular end "ratchets". Get em at oriellys etc. i dropped the manifold and cat together. you will need a 15 mm deep well for cats and 10mm ratchet wrench or socket for headers. also the 02s i just disconnected them and took em off in the house. Literally by kicking the the wrench to break em loose lol. 7/8s is 02 sensors. or you can buy an 8 dollar 7/8 02 socket which has a split down the middle also at oreillys, 3/8 drive will do if sprayed well before as i said. Also completed on ac delco 20in jack stands. Only two lmao.

Last edited by S_Sprouse; 09-27-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks man.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Update** oil change....you cant use a socket. the header is just too close. Also the oil drain stream will partially touch the tube a little just wipe it off. Everything else is good to go!

Quick Reply: 98-02 F-Bodymaximiser hp headers and y pipe