Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Default Thinking about getting to start modding my car, but?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Default Thinking about getting to start modding my car, but?

Gonna start with Hooker Super comp, emissions. Off Road Y...maybe and LS6 Intake, high flow oil pump, Springs , cam and that's it for now. What does everyone think the bill will come to? Can't do the work myself, so I was thinking to CMS. oh and a tune...

I was thinning close to to 1200.00 hopefully with a tune. But I will have to start where and on the slow side, not made of money...lol

What does everyone think? In the past, it was no big deal, had a great job 2000 SS Vortech 2.5 Pulley 650rwhp...blah blah...

Noo I have to start slow? It is hard to find some one to put LT's on in San Diego! Anyway - let me know what your thoughts are?

Car has about 167,548 and run's strong!

Thanks,

Jason AKA Blown Interceptor
Old 10-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Teching In

I would try and see if someone here is in cali and want's to earn a little extra cash to install your headers?

Frost is going to be your best bet for a mail order tune and keep prices reasonable.

Keeping LS6 intake, cam, valvetrain components and a tune under $1200 is gonna be tough.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silvershark
I would try and see if someone here is in cali and want's to earn a little extra cash to install your headers?

Frost is going to be your best bet for a mail order tune and keep prices reasonable.

Keeping LS6 intake, cam, valvetrain components and a tune under $1200 is gonna be tough.

I actually have a copy of Ed Wrong(Wright) tune,...man that screwed me so many times, he would tell me that the ECM would only handle three or four tunes, then I gotta buy a new one...another rip off artist.

So as far as tuning goes, I am not worried about that per say, I have HP Tuners....

Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-17-2016, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1

The only way your going to get all this stuff done for 1200 is if you stole all the parts and have a friend who owns a shop and doesn't care about making money.

We cant price things out for people, we don't know what kind of cam or build/parts you want. Cam alone dictates how expensive you go on the rest of the valvetrain. This isn't the price is right-tech, its ls1tech.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by usnfenix
+1

The only way your going to get all this stuff done for 1200 is if you stole all the parts and have a friend who owns a shop and doesn't care about making money.

We cant price things out for people, we don't know what kind of cam or build/parts you want. Cam alone dictates how expensive you go on the rest of the valvetrain. This isn't the price is right-tech, its ls1tech.

I see your point, but back when I had my C5 Vette, I bought a can from my buddy for 250.00(TR 224/224), Springs for 175.00, high volume oil pump and my buddy installed all for 300.00.

So it can be done, just need to find the right deals.....
Old 10-17-2016, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Got a cam for u. Torquer V2. In parts for sale listings.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by farmington
Got a cam for u. Torquer V2. In parts for sale listings.

Cool, thanks. Will check it out!
Old 10-18-2016, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Cam and valvetrain is gonna run ya $700, then $300 for ls6 intake if your lucky... Tune is $200.

$1200, still need to have the items installed.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

Cam and valvetrain is gonna run ya $700, then $300 for ls6 intake if your lucky... Tune is $200.

$1200, still need to have the items installed.

Sounds about right, I just found a cam and complete valve-train for 500.00. I have Tuners so I really need is a few passes for dyno time,...

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Default Thinking about getting to start modding my car, but?