Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls swap questions

I have a couple questions for my upcoming swap into an 1986 k10.

I have the stock fuse block from donor vehicle, 2003 avalanche. Am I able to use that stock fuse block? If so, how would I do that.

Am I able to reuse my sbc radiator with the 5.3? Would it be okay to plug the holes for heater hoses on sbc radiator? And from my understand the 5.3 and sbc inlet and outlets are different sizes. Has anyone been able to stretch stock 5.3 radiator hoses to fit sbc radiator or do I have to buy an adapter?

Anyone have very easy and simple ways to oil prime 5.3 engines?

Im running a th400 behind the 5.3, any common complications? I already got the spacer and longer bolts. And plan on elongating converse bolt holes on flex plate. Anyone have an easy method for that? I don't have access to a drill press.

​​​​​​​Thanks.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

1. Stock fuse block will work. You just need to give it power/ground.
2. You can use your radiator. I've never had a problem with hoses. You'll need a heater hose port for the steam lines on the LS engine.
3. Turn the key.
4. No problems using a TH400. You can clamp it in a vice and use a carbide bit on a drill to open it up.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37085 Found this thread, basically all I would do is plug the c100 into the fuse block which I already weeded out the unneeded wires through lt1swap pinouts. And give the fuse block power from battery and hook up necessary wires to ignition switch/turn key and fuel pump? Also I don't have the c1 or c3 block as stated in the linked thread. Would it be okay to just crimp on a female connector into designated pin under fuse block.

Quick Reply: Ls swap questions