Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slp Ls6...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slp Ls6...

The intake manifold... Is it made by SLP... is thier a differnce between the GM one and the SLP one? might be a dumb question, just want to make sure I get the better of the two if their is a difference.

THanks.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a good question, I have heard of the slp having the option to keep EGR if you have it.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:52 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a GM LS6 intake with a brass fitting. wooppeee
Old 06-23-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
Old 06-23-2004, 04:40 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no no no, it says slp on it so it must net you 20rwhp over the GM one, cuz we all know, SLP makes mad power yo!
Old 06-24-2004, 10:27 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jrp
no no no, it says slp on it so it must net you 20rwhp over the GM one, cuz we all know, SLP makes mad power yo!
yeah, I forgot about that...

You know, not to knock on anyone who buys SLP stuff, but...

I went to the GM nationals this past weekend. I'd say 95% of the 4th gens had SLP stuff on them. Not just parts, but windsheild banners, those badges they sell for 10 bucks a pop, plate frames, etc. I think SLP brain washes people to think if you have a SS or Firehawk, you need to buy more SLP stuff, or else it's just not as SLP-ish. A crap load of SS's had Hamberger's signature under the hood. If Ed Hamberger asked if I wanted him to sign my car, I'd promptly say no. Seriously, how hard would it have been for Chevrolet to throw the hood, wheels, wing, and exhaust on themselves?

I don't resent SLP, I just hate listening to people talk about their mods, and all they have is stuff from slponline.com. They have the "look at me and my modded car" attitude. When in reality, it's "I have no clue what I'm doing, so i'll just buy SLP stuff just because."

ok, i'm done
Old 06-24-2004, 05:31 PM

The SLP LS6 intake manafold has provisions for the EGR system on 98-00 cars. The GM LS6 was made for 01/02 cars with no EGR. Get The GM intake and Delete your EGR.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

the SLP unit is so overpriced!

just get a regular one without EGR.... and remove that EGR useless stuff from your engine
Old 06-24-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

I think SLP brain washes people to think if you have a SS or Firehawk, you need to buy more SLP stuff, or else it's just not as SLP-ish.
It was all done through SLP's forum. I have honestly never seen such a brown nosing group before.

"The paint on my hood doesnt match with the rest of my car but I still love you Ed Cheeseburger!!"

I bought several SLP products and every single time I got the worst customer service. Im down to only their headers and thats simply because I dont want to have to deal with taking them off, buying a new set, and then installing them all because of my dislike for the company. Oh well enough

Dont waste your time or money with SLP. If you can buy it else where, then do so. You'll be better off in the long run.