Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Coating Question.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Coating Question.

Are the pacesetter headers coated in and out? Also is their coating good?

I was thinking about sending my headers back to pacesetter and getting the coated ones. Maybe Frank will do this for me. :dunno:

I can get them coated localy for $200, and they are coated in and out, and have a 1 year rust warranty.

What should I do?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:33 AM
10 Second Club

The price difference between the painted and the coated Pacesetters is less than the cost of the local coating place but the quality will probably be better with the local deal (I assume).
This is all providing that you could even get all of your money back (and then there's the shipping costs to consider) on the swap between the painted and coated ones as well.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say go with the local company... price difference once shipping is factored in will probably be negligable, plus like you said, you get a 1 year warranty from a company that's right there for you to take the headers to. No shipping to get warranty work done.

I too got uncoated Pacesetters and went through a local company to get them thermal coated... so far I'm very happy with the quality of the work.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

This place will do a ceramic coating much like the Jet Hot, and will ahve a polished alluminum finish. Also, I have the 98-00 headers, and I have an 01. I need the block off plates. Thanks for the response, I think I will keep what I have, and get them coated local.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the '00 Pacesetters, and I too needed the EGR blockoff plate... no problems getting one of those, and the fit is really good for the headers themselves.

My coating is through a company called Performance Coatings. I had them do a black satin finish, which is kind of a dull black color... looks pretty cool.

Here's a pic of what the coating looks like on one of the headers:

Old 06-25-2004, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

uhh why didnt you guys just buy the race version of the pacesetters? no need for blockoff plates:

Old 06-25-2004, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Well when you get a set from a local guy for $230 bucks with all the hardware, you buy them.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Mine looked like they were coated outside only. Coating has faired pretty well over almosta year. I can see some brown staing on the bottom of the Pass side collector. I know thats where the drier drips condensated water from above, but I think the staining is coming from some otehr piece of metal above. It doesn't look like it's through the coating, more of a stain on top.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hourang
uhh why didnt you guys just buy the race version of the pacesetters? no need for blockoff plates:

Why does your header look like it is so far away from the head? Is it not tightened down yet in that pic?
Old 06-26-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Another_User
Why does your header look like it is so far away from the head? Is it not tightened down yet in that pic?
LOL i knew i shoulda posted info about that, yeah lol i was mid install waiting for my buddy to come over and help me put the rest of the bolts in, those headers are heavy. figured i would take some pics while i was waiting.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroSS
Well when you get a set from a local guy for $230 bucks with all the hardware, you buy them.
good deal
Old 06-27-2004, 01:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hourang
LOL i knew i shoulda posted info about that, yeah lol i was mid install waiting for my buddy to come over and help me put the rest of the bolts in, those headers are heavy. figured i would take some pics while i was waiting.
Phew...I thought I was losing it.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:08 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the info. Turns out one of the Rev Xtreme members knows the coating place's owner, and he might crack me, and RevX with a coating deal.

Can't wait, I just gotta get teh F-ing money now. :haha:

How should I take of the EGR?

Search this Thread