Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

camaros w/ duels w/tips

Old 06-25-2004, 02:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camaros w/ duels w/tips

yes, i know....another duels thread. but this could make or break my decision to get duels. what i want is for people to post up any pictures they have of camaros with duels with tips out back, under the axle. if you can see all the piping and it looks tacky, thats not what i want. personally i dont like the look of dumped duels. hope this helps others aswell, and btw it dosent have to be your car, any pics you have at all would be of help.

thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I begged for this too on a thread someone else started like this i want to keep my CME exhaust I like the way it looks so much and include prices on having it done if possible
Old 06-25-2004, 03:43 AM
Teching In

Sorry DUALS under the axle aren't going to happen.. You would loose way too much clearance. You would have to take the axle unsprung wich woul add at least another inch or so lower. So your DUALS would be about 2 inches off the ground. In that case if you want to see what happens look at an "imported" vehicle that is two inches off the ground with a three inch exhast. What happens when they hit a bump. Sparks, and a flattened exhaust. Unfortunately with our cars to get a true "DUAL" you need to be really creative and go over the axle or dump in front of it.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:08 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by z28in813
Sorry DUALS under the axle aren't going to happen.. You would loose way too much clearance. You would have to take the axle unsprung wich woul add at least another inch or so lower. So your DUALS would be about 2 inches off the ground. In that case if you want to see what happens look at an "imported" vehicle that is two inches off the ground with a three inch exhast. What happens when they hit a bump. Sparks, and a flattened exhaust. Unfortunately with our cars to get a true "DUAL" you need to be really creative and go over the axle or dump in front of it.
dude, wtf are you talking about, there are several people here with duals out the back under the axel. its not as bad as you make it sound

to the original poster, i suggest you search for duals under the axel. whats his face (forgot his s/n) did a write up on them when he first installed the setup. also Tim something or anothere has duals under the axel as well. the reason i say search is because most of the under axel dual guys probably wont see your thread anway.

http://ls1sounds.com/pics_tips.htm

has some of the first guys under the axel dual pics.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

i did search, and i have found pics of duels with tips on T/A's. but that is different because you can tuck them higher because of the spaces in the bumper for tips. on camaros you would be able to see more of the piping. and on ls1sounds.com they have some over the axle setups, and it looked like there might have been an under the axle setup, but its hard to tell from the pictures. basically im looking for a picture from the back to see whether it looks bad.

Search this Thread