Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Manifold Flow Tests: LS1, LS6, TBSS, BBK, Dorman LS2, 102 Fast LSXRT & more

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by taman86
awesome! I know you have to sell your vendors inventory, but what about the warr piece like black bird has. it seems to have very good reviews and a VERY reasonable price point for people who are on tight budgets but still want to play the game. just throwing ideas out there
I just installed the WARR Performance 92mm TB on my setup. The TB itself is very high quality and on par with every aftermarket TB I've seen. After getting the FAST 92mm and WARR Performance 92mm TB installed, the car started right up, and after 30 or so seconds, was idling just fine. Only issue I had was getting the TB cable through the hole on the TB. Let's just say it took some "persuasion" to get it in the hole.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

We dont have to sell it with the holley bracket of course. The intakes are coming in soon so we will know 100% on our end what fits and what does not so at this time i cannot say the factory cable bracket will work. We do offer about 10-15 different throttle cable brackets as well, BUT the holley is the most universal and affordable. Since we are using the holley rails and tb it also makes sense to combine shipping for the bracket to us so we can ship a complete product.

Apparently since the top is akin to the FAST intakes the ls6 fuel rail will work on it (and then by default will have the ls1/6 fuel rail bolt spacing) but quite a few projects out there especially swaps do not have fuel rails. Quite a few are 4.8s and 5.3s and 6.0s put into older vehicles that need car intakes. That is why we offer a complete intake front to back for them. We will also offer them with electric tbs, and map sensor extensions should you need them.
The Holley 92mm tb is roughly $160-170 so what other nice, reliable, affordable tb is there outside the ebay ones from companies we deal with? All the others are $289+++ and you can get this in polished or black. We are offering these as they are one of the better "budget" tbs on the market by a reputable company. We can also load them up with nick williams billet tbs as well. There are quite a few options.
The starting price of the dorman is lower to start, so even adding in all the upgrade extras you are still into it for less.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Darth & Taman are sending intakes for phase 2 of flow testing.

Does anyone else want to send an intake for testing?
Old 03-13-2017, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

The Valve spring test data, I promised in one of the above posts.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...l#post19561458
Old 03-18-2017, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I am looking for a little more info on the dorman ls2 intake if someone can clarify or answer.
1) is the dorman part number 615-901?
2) I have a 98 ls1 intake will my injectors and fuel rails bolt to this?
3) will the steam lines clear this intake?
4) I know I will need a 4 bolt TB what else is needed to make this switch?
5) Also I seen someone said ws6store sells it but I could not find it

Thanks in advance
Old 03-18-2017, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by obfpd172
so I am looking for a little more info on the dorman ls2 intake if someone can clarify or answer.

Thanks in advance
Give this thread a read most of tech questions are covered and more .
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...intake-12.html

But here you go ....
1) yes
2) yes , just don't use the supplied hardware
3)No, not without modification
4)yeah , that's it
5) give them a call they can sell you a complete package if you want
Old 03-18-2017, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

thanks omc8 i did read through and was pretty sure on the answers just double checking
Old 03-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by obfpd172

Thanks in advance
You'll need to add a vacuum source for the hvac controls and install a throttle cable bracket. It could be oem ls1/6 or a aftermarket bracket. Also you'll need to drill the back of the intake for the map sensor and get a egr block off plate for the front map location or use a vacuum cap on the nipple. Not huge issues just annoying.

One more thing, if your car is a 98 I'd recommend updating the knock sensors to 99+ as the 98s are known to cause issues such as 4° of timing retard. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zach-R
You'll need to add a vacuum source for the hvac controls and install a throttle cable bracket. It could be oem ls1/6 or a aftermarket bracket. Also you'll need to drill the back of the intake for the map sensor and get a egr block off plate for the front map location or use a vacuum cap on the nipple. Not huge issues just annoying.

One more thing, if your car is a 98 I'd recommend updating the knock sensors to 99+ as the 98s are known to cause issues such as 4° of timing retard. Good luck.
it would also be a great idea to follow through on that write up. post up pics and info on the port work also.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 536 Likes on 383 Posts

Still impressed with TBSS intake. Price and performance is incredible.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tuskyz28
Still impressed with TBSS intake. Price and performance is incredible.

Me too. I paid $160 for the TBSS used in the test. It included fuel rails and injectors.

Sometimes ive seen TBSS sell for $100 bare.

To bad its too tall for a 4th gen without hacking the cowl area .it should fit a 3rd gen camaro and many other cars.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 799 Likes on 609 Posts

TBSS is ugly unless you run a cover on it. The Dorman truck intake or DLS2 would be better.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

For the guys asking these questions

#1 we are offering them. They will be on the site soon. Waiting on the Holley TBs.

#2 the front plug can be taken out and stock egr ran for emissions places. otherwise the plug is not drilled and that boss sticking up is for a hold down bolt. the rear is not drilled either. that boss is the same also...hold down screw. We do offer a black egr plug also for those wanting a cleaner look in the front.

#3 you can use the stock cable bracket, but we will also offer them with the holley adjustable bracket as well

#4 it does come with the gaskets for tb and to heads but does not come with the button head valley cover bolts. We will offer those as an option. It does not come with the manifold bolts either. We can offer those as well. Or we can sell the FAST install kit that has both in stainless.

#5 there is a rear provision for the brake booster hose but not the vacuum take off for the ac etc that the fbody needs or a few other applications. we will be offering a kit for that as well.

All of these options are upcoming so please be patient. If anyone does want to order asap just email me. rpmspeedtech@gmail.com.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=tech@WS6store;19568287]For the guys asking these questions

#1 we are offering them. They will be on the site soon. Waiting on the Holley TBs.

#2 the front plug can be taken out and stock egr ran for emissions places. otherwise the plug is not drilled and that boss sticking up is for a hold down bolt. the rear is not drilled either. that boss is the same also...hold down screw. We do offer a black egr plug also for those wanting a cleaner look in the front.

#3 you can use the stock cable bracket, but we will also offer them with the holley adjustable bracket as well

#4 it does come with the gaskets for tb and to heads but does not come with the button head valley cover bolts. We will offer those as an option. It does not come with the manifold bolts either. We can offer those as well. Or we can sell the FAST install kit that has both in stainless.

#5 there is a rear provision for the brake booster hose but not the vacuum take off for the ac etc that the fbody needs or a few other applications. we will be offering a kit for that as well.

All of these options are upcoming so please be patient. If anyone does want to order asap just email me. rpmspeedtech@gmail.com.[/QUOTE

The LS2D should have the button head bolts included in the hardware pack. with the O rings , rail brackets , rail bolts , 2 square bolts for cable .bracket and ect.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribing
Old 03-21-2017, 06:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 536 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by wannafbody
TBSS is ugly unless you run a cover on it. The Dorman truck intake or DLS2 would be better.
Also looks good shaved
Old 03-21-2017, 02:31 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

[QUOTE=omc8;19568550]
Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
For the guys asking these questions

All of these options are upcoming so please be patient. If anyone does want to order asap just email me. rpmspeedtech@gmail.com.[/QUOTE

The LS2D should have the button head bolts included in the hardware pack. with the O rings , rail brackets , rail bolts , 2 square bolts for cable .bracket and ect.
Did not see it in our box. I'll take another look though! The gaskets were already installed actually.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=tech@WS6store;19569273]
Originally Posted by omc8

Did not see it in our box. I'll take another look though! The gaskets were already installed actually.
The early Dorman LS6 intakes 615-900 did not have the button head bolts for the valley cover. But they soon learned that was a problem with the FAST lower shell ,and started shipping them with the bolts ever since. If you look at the Dorman site you see they are included in the LS2D 615-901. I have ordered a number of their intakes in the past and have had missing hardware before. Dorman ships these intakes in single wall boxes and many times the bag of hardware busts open to tumble around and get lost. Not the best packaging, a lot get damaged in shipping. Always inspect it when you first receive it for damage and missing parts.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:59 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We got 5 of em on hand so ill be checking!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Default my Dorman

[QUOTE=omc8;19569396]
Originally Posted by tech@WS6store

The early Dorman LS6 intakes 615-900 did not have the button head bolts for the valley cover. But they soon learned that was a problem with the FAST lower shell ,and started shipping them with the bolts ever since. If you look at the Dorman site you see they are included in the LS2D 615-901. I have ordered a number of their intakes in the past and have had missing hardware before. Dorman ships these intakes in single wall boxes and many times the bag of hardware busts open to tumble around and get lost. Not the best packaging, a lot get damaged in shipping. Always inspect it when you first receive it for damage and missing parts.
my Dorman ls2 intake came with all the hardware and I'm very impressed with it it I spent about an hour cleaning up the ports and smoothing out the runner's will see how it works out still have more room to open them up but not much more or you get close to that orange sealing compound

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold Flow Tests: LS1, LS6, TBSS, BBK, Dorman LS2, 102 Fast LSXRT & more