Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR and AIR Delete, LTs and Y Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR and AIR Delete, LTs and Y Pipe

Ill just need two blockoff plates for the AIR system and the same 2 for the EGR and a plug to put into the EGR?

Looking at installing some LTs and a Y Pipe soon. Ill need gaskets for that and extensions for the o2s. Should I replace the o2s?

Also, install gutted cats or just clean out the stockers? I want backpressure, not a fan of too much cackle.

Ill be installing a Fast Toys 92MM Lid and SLP MAF as well, so the AIR system needs deleted for that, and the EGR will need deleted when I decide to go to an LS6 intake.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get the long tubes without the emissions stuff all you'll need is the block off for the egr on the intake. If you get an ls6 intake you won't need any plates.

As for the o2 sensors, I used Corvette o2 sensors. They have longer leads, and you won't have to worry about possibly leaky extensions. You'll probably want to replace them anyway while they're out. I forget which year they're from, I'm sure a little searching will help you find them though.

As far as the cats go, I couldn't really tell you. I got rid of mine, it's loud with my borla adjustable with no plate. Also you can't really reuse the stock cats when going long tubes due to placement and size.

Quick Reply: EGR and AIR Delete, LTs and Y Pipe