Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 sensor extensions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 02 sensor extensions...

I just recieved my Pacesetter LT's today from Texas Speed - thanks guys! I noticed that when I opened the box, there was a zip lock bag with a small roll of wire, and some butt connectors. The instructions say to cut and splice your 02's with the supplied wire and then either butt connect or solder the connections. I have the means to solder the connections, but is it even worth my time? Should I just plunk down the $50 for pre-made 02 exstensions? I'm just curious if anyone has ever extended the wires on their own with the supplied parts. It looks like most people just buy 02 extensions. Thanks in advance for any input/tips.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:18 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there are several people who have used the pacesetter make your own **** extensions but i'd just as well pick up some pre-made extensions from a sponsor or check the for sale sections.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, that's what I'm leaning towards. I would feel better about having pre-made extensions rather than spliced, this is my ride to work. I did a search on these headers, installing them, etc. & no one seems to mention speciffically what they used for gaskets or clamps to attach them to a y-pipe. Right now I'm thinking some stock replacement FEL-PRO gaskets, and stainless steel band clamps when my buddy builds the custom 3" y-pipe.