I realize that I'm, more than likely, going to get flamed
for this because.... Well, there's countless, I mean Hundreds and Hundreds
of Threads on Exhaust.
However, this question is for those that have the Factory 345HP Center Mount Exhaust.
Currently, my SS Camaro has;
- Kooks 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers
- Kooks High Flow Race Cat's
- SLP Loudmouth 1 (LM1)
- Factory Center Mount Exhaust
Just like everyone else that has come before me, the minute you put LT's on, with the SLP LM1, the Exhaust now sounds horrible. It's extremely Raspy and the Drone inside the car is unbearable.
Here's my Question for EVERYONE
that can provide a solution. What Muffler would you recommend, but would also allow me to maintain my CME. That is what is most important to me.
- Would you simply add a Muffler & keep the SLP Bullet Type Glass Pack?
- Would you get rid of the SLP Bullet Glass Pack and replace it with another Manufacture?
- Would you get rid of the SLP Bullet Glass Pack and install a Muffler and that's it?
If you're wondering what "sound" I'm going for- I'd like a deeper tone, trying to eliminate the "rasp" and drone you hear in the car.
Thank You for all the input- I truly appreciate it!