Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's, TD's, all the way out. Muffler???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 02:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT's, TD's, all the way out. Muffler???

I've been to LS1sounds.com, (great site) but I'd still like a little feedback/advice/experience at this point. Plan to be coming off a set of LT's, CAT's, X pipe, *insert muffler here* under the axle, out the back.

Yes, I'm a typical guy, wanting the mean sounding car, BUT I really dont care to let everyone know 5 blocks away what the car sounds like... If thier is a difference between Loud and Deep, I'd rather have the deep if that makes any sense...
Next to improve the all arround handling of the car, a new set of shocks I'm looking at will be going in, and the car will now sit a little lower. The car will be sitting about 3/4" lower than stock.

With that, being that I'm going under the axle, am I probably looking more at a set of Bullets now for clearance reasons?

Thanks guys.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeddySS98
I've been to LS1sounds.com, (great site) but I'd still like a little feedback/advice/experience at this point. Plan to be coming off a set of LT's, CAT's, X pipe, *insert muffler here* under the axle, out the back.

Yes, I'm a typical guy, wanting the mean sounding car, BUT I really dont care to let everyone know 5 blocks away what the car sounds like... If thier is a difference between Loud and Deep, I'd rather have the deep if that makes any sense...
Next to improve the all arround handling of the car, a new set of shocks I'm looking at will be going in, and the car will now sit a little lower. The car will be sitting about 3/4" lower than stock.

With that, being that I'm going under the axle, am I probably looking more at a set of Bullets now for clearance reasons?

Thanks guys.
Magnaflow 4x9
Borla XR-1 Sportsman (I have these Borla XR-1 Pics
Borla XS (my buddy has these, under axle and out the back Out the back..
Spintech
Delta Flow 10 Series (loud) board member Country Boy has these..
Old 06-26-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quiet and deep, I'd go with Magnaflow 4x9's. Loud and deep I'd go with the Flowmaster 10 series. I am going to have my 4x9's put on soon, I'll let you know how they sound.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Quiet and deep, I'd go with Magnaflow 4x9's. Loud and deep I'd go with the Flowmaster 10 series. I am going to have my 4x9's put on soon, I'll let you know how they sound.
I'll look in to the Magna's as well... thanks... with the 3/4" drop, and going under the axle because of the Spohn TA... will I have clearance issues with the 4x9's?

I'm thinking the quiet and deep combo sounds very appealing, coming off the LT's and the Cam's 112 LSA it will be making plenty of noise, and even if it's quieter than other dual setups, so what... sleeper car
Old 06-28-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me.. it won't be a sleeper ...
Old 06-28-2004, 01:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I am going to get mine installed tomarrow. I'm hoping it's not too quiet, but they are straight through

I'll look in to the Magna's as well... thanks... with the 3/4" drop, and going under the axle because of the Spohn TA... will I have clearance issues with the 4x9's?

I'm thinking the quiet and deep combo sounds very appealing, coming off the LT's and the Cam's 112 LSA it will be making plenty of noise, and even if it's quieter than other dual setups, so what... sleeper car
Old 06-28-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

There in and they sound aweosme. A little quiet for my tastes though. They are like I said, deep and quiet. Not THAT quiet, still audible and louder than stock. The sound is very deep, no inside drone anymore, and the sound it much more refined, no rasp.

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
I am going to get mine installed tomarrow. I'm hoping it's not too quiet, but they are straight through
Old 06-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Launching!

No drone or rasp, those are good things... I can live with it not being the LOUDEST car on the block since I'm shooting for the deeper more refined sound anyway.
Magnaflow is sounding promising...
If you could compare you new setup to a stock system with a cut out in in I pipe what would you say about the two for sound comparison?

glad your happy by the way.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

I run the magnaflows.. they have one of the quietest idles imo. Although with the bigger cam I'm running now, its much louder than stock. They are still loud and mean at W.O.T., however. Mine just screams to life when it hits like 4500.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you could compare you new setup to a stock system with a cut out in in I pipe what would you say about the two for sound comparison?
I havent had the stock system with a cutout, but I had an ORY with a cutout and that was louder than this. But this sounds much more refined. These mufflers are great. They are straight through, no restriction, and sound aweosme. They are like big Dynomax Bullets. The only problem is fitting them under the car. There is very limited space and you will lose some ground clearence.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Launching!

Do you have pics of them under the car? I'm looking at a 3/4" drop and going under the axle... so ground clearance could be a concern.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine dump at the axle.

Do you have pics of them under the car? I'm looking at a 3/4" drop and going under the axle... so ground clearance could be a concern.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:59 AM
Launching!

Well I want to take them out the back... I found a good deal on a set of Premium Corsa tips...

WHat about 2.5 over the axle 1 on both sides...