Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! How do I get the plug out of the pass. side head for a temp gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 04:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! How do I get the plug out of the pass. side head for a temp gauge?

Hey guys, I'm working on installing my gauges (yeah I know its 5am but im bored) I got the gauges and everything in correctly, ran the wire over to the pass. side for the sensor, but I'm having some trouble getting it out. What do I do, or is there any different place I could put this sensor? Thanks!
Old 06-26-2004, 06:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to reach the plug on the passenger side head from under the car. I had a lift so it was a bit easier, however, I didn't have the right damn adapter so I wasted all of my time.

I ended up using the plug that is right above the starter. Alot easier to get to.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
I had to reach the plug on the passenger side head from under the car. I had a lift so it was a bit easier, however, I didn't have the right damn adapter so I wasted all of my time.

I ended up using the plug that is right above the starter. Alot easier to get to.
Like he said, remove the freeze plug above the starter and use that hole alot easier. Remember however, its metric thread not standard pipe thread...
Old 06-26-2004, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's in! Thanks so much for your help guys.