Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c5+dynamax headers=no et gain, info +timeslips within

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default c5+dynamax headers=no et gain, info +timeslips within

I have gone to the track twice since the long tubes have gone on. I have made a little spreadsheet to show my times prior to the long tubes and the 2 times with them. My fuel trims have been modified so the computer isnt adding fuel and the weather wasnt signifigantly different. I have put my bests each day in bold for ease of identification. Note 60' times were even a bit off on the first day there but et was still better. Car is shifting between 6000-6100 RPMS as shown in data logs linked to the time in the below spreadsheet. Any input?

http://tech.cfbinc.com/dave/Logs/Tra...slip%20log.xls
Thanks
dave
Old 06-28-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can't find any info on Dynamax headers with a quick search. Are you sure these are long tubes? I would expect a couple tenths and few MPH even with a stock cam. If you installed shorty headers, then I could see this happening. Otherwise the only thing I could think of is you simply didn't have a restriction to begin with. If that's the case then adding a good cam would be the next step.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep they are 1 3/4" stainless steel long tubes