Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how 2 hollow my borla??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how 2 hollow my borla??

well this idea came from my old 86 iroc with a 5 litre motor tho.. when i baught the car it had a glass pack where the cat would be and a muffler..so i decided to take the glass pack off... thinking y would i want 2 mufflers rite? n e ways.. the car sounded awsome.. had a hollow tone to it.. but not raspy or nothin.. n e ways the muffler rusted and fell off then i saw it was hollow.. i wana do this with my borla cat back.. concidering its adjustable and i hate the sound with the closed plate, thought i would try somthin different.. but the only draw back is i don't have a welder.. but im sure if the price is rite i can get the muffler shop to make it happen.. i was thinking either cut open the inlet or outlet and pull all the crap out.. or just cut it open from the top and rip it apart.. the only problem here is i wana try to hide the welds a bit.. concidering i do have emissions.. but it quiets down alot when i put those cats in n e ways.. just to be safe i'd like to hide it a bit.. n e ways let me no wut u guys think???
Old 07-01-2004, 06:56 AM
TECH Resident

the borla muffler is a straight through design i doubt youd see very much of a gain in hp but itd be louder and likely sound like garbage like a LM from the lack of a real muffler.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

k so if its straight thro? then that means theres muffler packing?? cant i just light the stupid thing on fire till it burns up?? even better i can just cut open a small hole and pull the packing out? everyone has there own opinion on exhuast sounds.. i just wana try and see how it goes.. cant be much worse then stock borla.. i'll let ya guys no how she sounds.. thanx for n e help