Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are QTP's and Kook's LT's the same design?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are QTP's and Kook's LT's the same design?

I've read several times before that Kook's, QTP's and a couple other brands are designed after the Grott headers. Does this mean they are EXACTLY the same? I'm talking about the 1 3/4 inch by the way. Headers only, nevermind the y-pipes.

The reason I'm asking is because I want to get the TSP true duals and a guy on this board just installed them on his QTP's with no problem, I have Kook's. I wanna make sure they bolt up.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-02-2004, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

They should bolt up to your Kooks just fine, I was talking to Jason @ TSP about the TD's and its a pretty sick setup. So far I've heard them being installed on QTP LT's, Pacesetters, and Hooker LT's. They all fit quite well. And yes, the QTP's and your Kooks are pretty much the same. Thunder Racing used to produce some headers designed very similarly to Grott's, but they told me that their manufacturer cut out on them, so they won't be sellin any til they find a new fabrication company.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Yes they are both based off of the original Grott design...just be sure that you are comparing the Kooks to the 'base style' QTPs though because QTP also has a high velocity merge collector version of their awesome headers and that will cause TDs or even a Y-pipe to mount up to them a little differently.
I have a few friends with the QTPs, nice header for sure.