Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPC LTs and Catted Y are in...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PPC LTs and Catted Y are in...

Started Friday night after I got off work and finished up Saturday night around 12:00 (ok sunday)...but didn't start till almost 1 on saturday.

The removal wasn't too bad since I sprayed penetrant on all the bolts Thurs. night and let the car sit all day. The passenger side is definitely a total pain in the *** to access as my scraped up hands will attest.

The passenger side LT went in within a minute or so....easy as cake....the bolts took a long time though.

The driver side LT was horrible. I worked by myself for about 2 hrs. on it before my dad came out and helped and we had it in the car in about 20 minutes. DEFINITELY use 2 people on this side~! The block tab and steering shaft were not even close to being a problem....once we got the header past the oil pan and K-member it went straight in.

Also installed some Denso Iridium plugs while I was in there although the car only had 30K miles on it. Plugs looked to be in great condition but I didn't want to do them again any time soon.

The y-pipe wasn't too bad but I still need to reposition some pieces for better chassis/ground clearance. Nothing has scraped yet but I want to make sure.

Overall these look AWESOME on the car and sound great as well. With the catted Y and the Corsa you can drive around and be very stealthy and quiet but when you step on the gas the authority is there.

Sound, looks, and fit...
Old 07-04-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

Got any pics? What size y-pipe did you get?
Old 07-04-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

LT's, Catted Y @ Corsa is a awesome sounding exhaust setup! No rasp all rumble. Throw in a nice cam and she will sound 20 times better.