Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my ls1 motor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my ls1 motor?

on sunday i met up with wbw2, he purchased my nitrous kit from me and when i was showing him my motor, to show him where stuff went, and to show him some ways he could wire it allup he noticed taht my intake and some stuff around my fuel rails looked diferent than his car. I purchased the car from the dealership at 38k miles, its a 98z28.

So today i have been doing some searches of engine bay pics and i really can't tell a difference except there is a line that runs from the lower right side of my tb and it goes around to the fuel rail area, it may even hook up to the fuel rail i dont recall right now...

my question is, my 98z dynoed what i thought was kinda high for a 98, 303 rwhp at a very reputable shop in manasas. i looked through JRP's ls1 info but i couldn't find what i was looking for, but perhaps i overlooked it. But, did some 98's come with the ls6 intake? from what i knwo my car was untouched. some old woman from colorado owned it and i even met her when i purchased the car...

what do you guys think? it just got me thinking cause i might be in the market soon for an intake but if i already got the one i want, id be kinda pissed to find out after i spent 300+ bones on a ls6 intake.

any thoughts?
Travis
Old 07-06-2004, 02:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post a picture of your engine bay...