Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another AC recharge thread...

Old 07-12-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another AC recharge thread...

Ok so i have the hose and guage...i added like 24oz (2 bottles) of r134a.. The pressure doesnt go anywhere, the little vents in the pillars and the big one under the windshiel blow "Cool" air, but no other vents work, nor can i get the pressure to rise...

any idea's?
Old 07-12-2004, 10:48 PM
wrencher

Check for a vacuum leak to your ventilation system. If there is no vacuum to the heater/A/C duct selector it will put all air to defrost. The low side you charge thru should not have a pressure rise while running it should drop. It is the high side (larger fitting) that has the upper system pressure. The compressor does run then ?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

LoL well ac is one of the aspects of the auto world that I am not familiar with. First how can i check for leaks? Second how will i know when the compressor is on/off?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:43 PM
wrencher

Kinda hard to look for leaks without a leak detector or putting dye in the system that fluoresces under UV light. You can see the dye without the light, there are some DIY cans that come with dye in it. If you look down at the compressor on the passenger side front on the bottom of the engine. It is driven by it's own dedicated belt you'll see the center hub on the front spin with the pulley when engaged.

Search this Thread