Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I drove the car with the new intake....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 10:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, I drove the car with the new intake....

I installed my LSX, and drove her for the first time today, and to no expect, as soon as I drove out of my house, the check engine light came on, and the car wouldn't idle . I shut it off, checked every bolt, nut and wire connection, and came to relize that my lid and bellow came loose. Drove it around town with the SES light on, and to my belife, the car felt stronger, even with this 100+ degree weather. Went to my friends shop, and he put it on his snap-on scanner to read why my SES light was on, and it came up as MASS AIR FLOW, INSUFFICENT FLOW/VOLTAGE. I popped the hood again, and sure enough, the lid, and bellow were off again . Why am I have this problem all of a sudden? I made sure once again that the lid, and bellow are on tight before I closed the hood, cleared the code, and started her up. Idled OK, and on my drive home she drove good. Why would my lid coming off cause my SES light to come on? Have my Lid come lose shouldn't be any different than the KNN intake kit for these cars right?
Old 07-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

having the lid/bellow come off will cause the air going into your TB not to be metered by the MAF, therefore the engine has no idea what it is taking in for air. The K/N setup your talking about still flows thru the MAF, so ther's no issue with that.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
having the lid/bellow come off will cause the air going into your TB not to be metered by the MAF, therefore the engine has no idea what it is taking in for air. The K/N setup your talking about still flows thru the MAF, so ther's no issue with that.
OK, thanks for the reply