Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My exhaust situation

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My exhaust situation

I sure post a lot on this, but I've been talkin to some people n' they play with my mind. Anyways, here goes nothing, we all know I have a LS1 obviously. I want to get kooks headers or jet hot, whichever are THE BEST, mike swears by kooks n' so does alex, so i was thinking that. Now theres the header back issue, I was before thinking of Y-pipe from kooks with either magnaflow or loudmouth, I heard loudmouth might be too loud so i was partial to magnaflow then. On top of this I was also concidering a 2.5" x-pipe with dynomax bullets, because I heard they'd have a muscular tone but wouldnt be super loud with normal driving and sound like a big block when i'm really hittin it, plus best flow. Well, I cant be too loud cause a city near by can give tickets with too loud of exhaust, then there's the issue of what all I will need to purchase for each one, and I dont know if i should get ceramic or stainless, stainless look nice but I always thought ceramic were better at keeping the heat where you want it. I dont know if the true dual setup would be too loud or not but I need advice, the time is getting near because i almost have my car paid off fully and after that i go crazy, so basically, my thoughts are

-Kooks+Loudmouth(might be too loud, or so i hear)

-Kooks+Magnaflow, not too loud but might not be as muscular sounding as I wish and not as good of gains as true duals

-Kooks+x-pipe setup, might be too loud but if its not it'd be my #1 decision and I'd need a list of items i'd need to buy and where i can get them all.

P.S. If I decide on true duals I will also need some advice on mufflers, once again it cant be too loud n' i dunno if i want it to dump or if i want to go all the way back.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much everyone will tell you Kooks stainless are about the best headers out there.
First thing on deciding what cat back you want is whether or not you're going to have cats.
If you're keeping them, loudmouth will sound good and won't be super loud, but it will be loud. If going ory LM will be really loud and sound like ***. super raspy, believe I used to have it.
TD's with bullet would be really loud too I imagine, I've never heard it but it will sound good from clips I've heard.
I have TD's ORX with spiral flow muffs. Tame at idle, screams at WOT. IMO TD's sound better than any y pipe set up out there.
Good Luck,
Craig
Old 07-14-2004, 04:40 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best sound? Deep and throaty at idle? Sounds like a badass big block from the 60s?
Thats why my GMMG with a bullet in the I-Pipe sounds like.

Its my current setup and I used to have Magnaflow catback, true duals with bullets and also tried true duals with sweet thunders. Definately take the GMMG over true duals or Magnaflow any day
Old 07-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get Kooks, Don't get the loudmouth!