Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

damn camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn camaro

pull it in the garage, change the oil, start it up, pull off the ramps, clean garage, get in to leave, turn key, nothing. not cranking or anything, fuses are fine but the security light blinks when you turn the key to start and to ACC. tryed my extra key and got the same result. any ideas guys? kevin
Old 07-18-2004, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ummm.. my friend had the same thing happen not to long ago... I am not sure what he did but ill find out tomorrow and let u know if u dont have any response by then.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's probably the VATS system. If it suspects car theft, it wont let the car start. Don't ask me how it knows... Mine does this occasionally. I just turn off the key and try again and it works. I think, big think, that it can also happen because of a bad or low battery.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

the sensor for the vats system inside the colum could be taking a ****. my camaro used to do it every once and awhile. it's not an easy fix from what the ac/electrical guys at the dealer told me. sry.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

IT RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!! did a search on z28.com and found a vats ignitions switch bypass. with the purchase of a $1.03 resistor at radio shack and about 5 min of work the car now starts. thanks to everyone who chimed in with ideas of what to do. now i dont have to buy 25 dollar keys.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im almost in the same situation. I got int o a minor fender bender sunday. After the accident i drove the car to the side of the road. It was running fine. Minor fender bender. Exchanged info, then went to my car to go home and it wont start. when i turn the key, the radio works headlights work but nothing happens on the dash. Gauges dont move at all. You guys have any idea?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KrazyDan
Im almost in the same situation. I got int o a minor fender bender sunday. After the accident i drove the car to the side of the road. It was running fine. Minor fender bender. Exchanged info, then went to my car to go home and it wont start. when i turn the key, the radio works headlights work but nothing happens on the dash. Gauges dont move at all. You guys have any idea?
Have you check all the fuses?