Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering Hose

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering Hose

Has anyone ever replaced the high-pressure hose for the power steering unit? Mine has been leaking pretty bad, and a friend has offered to help me out with the replacement. Any tips, or ideas of how long it might take to get it completed??

Thanks
Old 07-19-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a little tricky to snake the old one out, but not too bad. Might be easier to pull the alternator. Mine was already off when I replaced the hose. If you can get it out with the alternator in place, then probably a 20 minute job. 18mm wrench on each end. Lube the new o-rings with some ps fluid (it will run out when you take the hose off...). Put new hose on, top off with ps fluid, and you're done.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Just got it all complete. New alternator, new pressure hose, and tightened the clamp on the return hose as well. So far, no leaks

took a total of about 2 hours from start to finish....the hardest part being the damn nut on the pressure hose right next to the reservoir. somewhat impossible to get the wrench around it, but eventually it worked.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have to bleed the system after replacing the high pressure hose? if so how do you beed it? thanks
Old 11-14-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99zman
do you have to bleed the system after replacing the high pressure hose? if so how do you beed it? thanks
With the cap on you should turn the steering wheel lock to lock a few times, then recheck the level till its full.As you turn the wheel lock to lock it works out the air bubbles.