Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Lid doesn't sit right

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry TSP Lid doesn't sit right

Sup guys,
I have a TSP lid, have had it for a little while, but it has never sat right. I was messing around in the bay last night and decided something had to be done. It just doesn't satisfy me. It makes a seal with the filter, but the tabs don't go all the way in their holes and the entire lid seems to either A.) not be square or B.) be just a little too large to sit in the filter tray like the stocker did. Also, the bottom of the neck that leads to the MAF sensor contacts the car. I'd say that probably has something to do with the tabs not wanting to go into their holes. I even had to remove the SLP bellow to get everything to link up and fit halfway decent. So now I'm using the stock crinkle tube from the MAF to the TB. The MAF is hooked directly into the lid. It's getting on my nerves and I'm thinking about going with a different brand lid to solve the problem. It's sort of an eyesore to me. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 07-19-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have the TSP lid, but a lot of people who buy aftermarket lids have fitment problems until they realize that the front lip of the lid needs to go BEHIND the front lip on the airbox assembly. My SLP lid did the same thing, the tabs wouldn't go in and the metal clamps would not SNAP in. Try it again with your stock crinkle tube, I have read bad things about the fitment on SLP bellows. Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to raise the front of my airbox about 1/2" to get a better alignment, using the SLP bellows and TSP lid (85mm w/z06 maf). And rotated the maf sensor because it was contacting the hood.