Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Sticking

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Sticking

Well I had a pretty nasty reck about 2 months ago where my car sat for that long getting repaired. Glad to have my baby back except for this 1 bug. Sometimes when I take off and shift my throttle sticks and even when I shift into the next gear sometimes. This 1 just happened today, take off like normal let off the gas the thing sticks then starts to accelerate and my is foots off the gas Appreciate any insight trying this issue so I can get to the track and try out my FLP LT's and see how my car does.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's not right.. take it back to who was suppose to fix it.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
If it's not right.. take it back to who was suppose to fix it.
Well I left a little out. There was no engine damage at all just my passenger side and roof. Plus it sat in the body shop for at least 2 months. I lubed all my cables the best I could but that didn't resolve the problem. I'm just looking for some insight to what the problem might be.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

take off the tb. adjust the throttle screw a little bit. or clean the tb. Mine did this same thing. i took it to a friend who does a lot of work with throttle bodies and he fixed it in about 15 minutes. adjusted the screw a little, cleaned it up inside i think were the blade is. and bingo, that was all she needed
Old 07-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slik98z
take off the tb. adjust the throttle screw a little bit. or clean the tb. Mine did this same thing. i took it to a friend who does a lot of work with throttle bodies and he fixed it in about 15 minutes. adjusted the screw a little, cleaned it up inside i think were the blade is. and bingo, that was all she needed
Kool I'll give it a shot this weekend. It's keeping me from the track and hey man I'm a damn shitty driver but getting better.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

all it takes is practice. just learn where your car will launch the best. once you got that down and you can get those 60ft times down pat, you can work on your personal best, then work on consistency from there.

Before i sold my nitrous kit, the few timeslips i have i've finally been able to stay in the upper mid 11's on a dry shot without jets. N/A with just a few mods, i've been staying in the 12's. Not quite consistent but getting there. Cam and **** goes in in a couple of weeks, tune the following week after that, track that weekend, looking for low 12's na and i might be ablet o borrow a wet kit for the track in search for 10's, provided i can get that damn fuel pump i've been trying to purchase for the past 3 months!

good luck man. just adjust the screw (on the passenger side of the throttle body) first and see what that does. dont screw it in too far though it will change your idle slightly. shouldn't take much, maybe 1 full turn, 2 at most.
T
Old 07-22-2004, 01:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

A couple simple things can cause your problem. The most common is buildup in the throtle body that causes the blade to stick. This is felt through the gas pedal. You can remedy the situation my using carb cleaner to clean out the opening of the throttle body.

An unwanted aceleration can also be the result of a faulty throttle position sensor. This will not necessarity throw a SES code. I experienced this on my old 96 Sonoma. It was characterized by an unwanted acceleration up to 3500RPM.

Good luck whateer you prob is

Schantin
2002 Camaro Z28 M6