Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 Chevy K1500 Timing

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Chevy K1500 Timing

I just built a new engine and dropped it into my 93 Chevy K1500. Here are the motor specs

350 bored .030 over
Stock Crank and Connecting Rods
KB 193 D-Cup pistons (9.6:1 Compression Ratio)
Crane Cam #114122
L31 Vortec Heads
GM Performance Parts TBI-Vortec intake
Stock 350 TBI Unit

The motor is in the truck and it's time to set the timing. I've heard you have to disconnect a brown wire to set the base timing. Where is that wire at and what should I set the base timing at?
Old 07-21-2004, 09:31 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeanHensler
I just built a new engine and dropped it into my 93 Chevy K1500. Here are the motor specs

350 bored .030 over
Stock Crank and Connecting Rods
KB 193 D-Cup pistons (9.6:1 Compression Ratio)
Crane Cam #114122
L31 Vortec Heads
GM Performance Parts TBI-Vortec intake
Stock 350 TBI Unit

The motor is in the truck and it's time to set the timing. I've heard you have to disconnect a brown wire to set the base timing. Where is that wire at and what should I set the base timing at?
You do have to disconnect the single Brown wire that should be eather behind the glove box with the computer, or on the firewall behind the relay cover (right side). Factory specs would want you to set the timming at 0, but chances are good it will not run very good. I would start by seting it at 5 deg. advanced and work your way up to 10 deg. We did this same intall on a 94', only with the stock Vortec cam and we had to set it at 10deg advanced. Now, after you do that and get that corrected, you will have to adjust the idle. Pull the air cleaner off the tb, & you should see an aluminum plug I think on the right side. You will have to notch the tb to get a punch to that plug so you can get it out. Behind that plug is the idle adjustment scew. Just leave the plug out after you are done. After all of that you may still have to have a custom chip done. If you have any more questions pm or email me.

Quick Reply: 93 Chevy K1500 Timing