Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No spark or injectors pulsing, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 08:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No spark or injectors pulsing, need help!

Putting a stroker in the Z, hooked all connectors on the harness and vacum lines are hooked up. The 3 grounds on the drivers side head are on. No visable damage on the harness anywhere. I still get no spark and my injectors do not pulse. Used cam and crank sensors from my running motor. Fuel pump kicks on and there is pressure on the rails. Everything sounds normal when the key is put to the on position, relays switch and fuel pump primes, then I crank it over and no spark or injectors? All fuses are good under the hood. Swapped an ignition relay for a fan one and same outcome. PCM seems good, worked fine before. Any ideas, I am about tapped on this one. TIA.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

what are your volts
Old 07-26-2004, 10:45 PM
wrencher

Check the the voltage in ac volts produced by your CKP. It should be able to muster at least .400 volts A/C while cranking. Then you be pretty sure the crank sensor is producing a signal.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:24 AM
FormerVendor

Battery is good, over 12v. I looked into the ignition relay in the fuse box. Inj 1 & 2 are not hot in run or start. This relay plays a part in getting power to the coil packs and injectors. I checked the ground on the connector and it is open. I will try jumping the ground tomorrow and see if my injector 1 and 2 fuses become hot in start and run. I will also look into the CKP signal. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

let me know if you solve this, because I'm having the same problem
Old 07-28-2004, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

Solved. Look at the ignition relay ground, mine was open. Also, check for voltage on the inj 1 and 2, eng sensor...forgot the other fuses while in run. Make sure there is no short in any of those associated circuits.