Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock victor install started.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock victor install started.

Ok guys, started my install tonight. Got the O2's welded to the collectors, got all the old stuff out. Getting new plugs and wires tommorrow. I will take pics as I install the new stuff, people dont need to know how to take out the old anyway. I test fit the headers into place and let me tell you. The edelbrocks SLIDE RIGHT IN. These are great pieces of work. I'm just waiting on the new plugs and wires and I'll bolt the suckers in. Wish me luck, as I will be making an install guide.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slid in from the top or bottom.... and with or without the collectors installed?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

do you have pics of the headers?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice, are you reusing the GM gaskets?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Edelbrock sends the headers with gaskets, o2 extensions, header bolts, and all the trimmings Im sliding them in with the collectors on them. I will take pics of alll of it tomm.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bottom
Old 09-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

How did you connect the collectors to the rest of the headers. I heard of some people just slipping them on but I would think they needed to be welded to be leak free. If you welded them, how difficult was it?
Old 09-30-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, heres the afterthought after its all said and done Removal of old stuff took 4 hours. Installation of new took 30 mins. I swear to god, the headers both slid in from the bottom with the car about 2 ft off the ground. just a lil bump on the bottom and they both popped in. Had both headers bolted in with plugs and wires attached and ready to go in 30 mins. The y pipe is slip fit, and i slipped it and clamped it to wait for a welder. I had my 02 bungs welded into the Y pipe, and I removed the rear 02s. The whole package was a true bolt in. Only fabrication needed to thE I pipe to make it shorter to fit the Y pipe. This is bar far the best header system for the buck. 550 shipped, you get everything you need extensions,gaskets,bolts,air/egr fittings if you so chose to install them. They install with ease, and everything fits, no banging! seat of the pants is huge. The merge collectors really help scavenge that exhaust. I have no rasp through my hooker catback. Just clean sound. I have 305's in the rear, and I couldnt even spin the tires while rolling in first before the headers. Now I can go all the way through 1st and halfway through second roasting them. Great headers, great fitment. Glad I waited.