Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone looking for a quiet muffler

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone looking for a quiet muffler

If your interested in a fairly quiet muffler with a great tone, i'd have to recommend the dynomax ultraflow. My TSP rumbler was WWAAAYYY too loud with my LTs and cam so i put one of these on and kept the resonator from the TSP in it and im amazed by the difference. you can look in the inlet and see right through the other side of it but it's still very quiet. It does have a nice throaty sound to it though. Ill try to get some soundclips of it for you guys. I just thought i'd pass on my opinion.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:08 PM
dug
Banned

Yeah, ultraflos are good mufflers. They flow like bullets while being very quiet. Where did you put the muffler? did you get 2 of them?
Old 10-02-2004, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

i put it right where the stock exhaust was, i bought the over the axle pipe from dynomax also and it fit perfect with my Rumbler catback. The only disadvantage though is that they dont flow that great really, i just got the car dynoed today and i could probably pick up 10-15 rwhp with a cutout. I could notice that as soon as i pulled out of the exhaust shop. Im willing to trade a little power for the quietness.

Besides, my cutout will be in this week.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

lol, i just realized from your avatar, your clip on ls1sounds is what convinced me to buy the ultraflow. nice car BTW.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

post up some clips,i'm looking for somthing to clean up my loudmouth...
Old 10-02-2004, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chris2000ss
post up some clips,i'm looking for somthing to clean up my loudmouth...
unfortunatley, right now i have no way to record a clip, but there are a couple on ls1sounds.com

im trying to find a decent digital camcorder to take some clips, just not having any luck
Old 10-03-2004, 05:18 AM
Teching In

Luv_my_z28 where exactly did you get that over the axle pipe?
Old 10-03-2004, 12:12 PM
dug
Banned

Originally Posted by luv_my_z28
lol, i just realized from your avatar, your clip on ls1sounds is what convinced me to buy the ultraflow. nice car BTW.
thanks. Yeah I like the sound of the muffler. It sounds better in person.

So you loss some power from adding the muffler? It makes sense I guess. The 3" muffler is gonna flow less than a pair of 2.5" staight pipes. Which muffler did you use? I went with the biggest one to keep it as quiet as possible. I was thinking of adding a cutout but didnt think it would make much difference. Maybe I will put it on.

Another guy has a similar catback on a formula. He said he picked up some power going from a 3" ultraflo to a 4" magnaflow muffler. If I were to do it over Id probably use a muffler with a 3.5" or 4" inlet.

The ipipe is available at summit.

Here is a link to the dynomax website. This list the part numbers. You need 2 pipes. Look under int pipe

http://www.dynomax.com/documents/pas...ral_motors.pdf