Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker Headers Installed, Funny sounding!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hooker Headers Installed, Funny sounding!

I just had my hooker headers with ORY installed. I have a DMH Electric cutout right after the ORY. Stock exhaust after that.

The headers make a really bad *** raspy sound when I start the car and on idle. However when I am driving down the road it sounds a little funny. I am noticing really wierd noises coming from the underside of the car. I also get a wierd rasping sputtering spitting sound. It almost sounds like they are spitting water or something. I have a predator but I dont know what to do with the fuel/spark timing stuff.

I have the FRA Mod, a lid, smooth bellows. Does anyone know what I should set my predator to in order to stop this noise? I think that it isnt right.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t1blackout
I just had my hooker headers with ORY installed. I have a DMH Electric cutout right after the ORY. Stock exhaust after that.

The headers make a really bad *** raspy sound when I start the car and on idle. However when I am driving down the road it sounds a little funny. I am noticing really wierd noises coming from the underside of the car. I also get a wierd rasping sputtering spitting sound. It almost sounds like they are spitting water or something. I have a predator but I dont know what to do with the fuel/spark timing stuff.

I have the FRA Mod, a lid, smooth bellows. Does anyone know what I should set my predator to in order to stop this noise? I think that it isnt right.
I just got my Hookers put on also and my exhaust is raspy as ****. I hear the only way to get rid of the rasp is to put cats on or get true duals.

Are the front o2 sensors hooked up?

Mine arent hooked up yet and the noises you describe i also hear.