Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with LSX intake install

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 07:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem with LSX intake install

Yeah, I definately messed something up last night. The intake swap was nothing but trouble. I kept missing little things the prolonged the whole thing. When I finally got it all together, double-checked everything, I found that there was still a sensor that wasn't plugged in. It's in the way back on the driver's side. The plug itself is a pale yellow color with a really weird prong pattern. I don't have the slightest idea what it's for. Well, I was hoping it wasn't anything, so I went ahead and fired the car up. All was fine. No codes, nothing. Then all of a sudden the car started idleing like it had a big cam in it. I checked and listened for vacuum leaks but didn't find anything. I also saw that my oil pressure guage was FUBAR, so I obviously botched that sensor too. So now my car idles bad, but at anything above 1000 RPMs, it's fine. I don't know what the hell is wrong, but I'm guessing it's either that plug in the back that isn't connected anywhere, a vacuum leak that I can't find, or maybe the oil pressure sensor messes things up too, I don't know. Maybe it's a combo of all these.

So what do you guys think? Any insight?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you removed the AIR system, you should have an extra plug back there. I would unplug the oil sender and replug it back in to see if that makes a difference.

I would check around the TB. Make sure the idle air controller and all that stuff is plugged in and has no leaks.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, I think I fixed it.

I went out and stuck my hand back behind the engine to feel around for any loose hoses. Nothing. Checked the MAP sensor, sitting nice and tight. So I just sat there being VERY frustrated, and saw out of the corner of my eye that there was a big hose laying next to the manifold, on the passenger side. Sure enough, it wasn't attached to anything. It was the hose that plugged into the very front of the manifold, can't think of what it is. But yeah, plugged it in, turned the engine on, and wa-la! Ran smooth. Unplugged it, idle went to crap. Put it back on, idle went smooth.

So yeah, I figured the damn idle out, but I still haven't found where that farking grey/yellow sensor goes!! Maybe it was a connection for the AIR system that I took out last week

One last question: even though my idle's fine now, it's still a little rough. Could it be because my car needs a tune now? I mean, I just got done throwing all the bolt-ons onto it, so you'd think the A/F ratio would be FUBAR.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to here you found it.

I'm sure a tune wouldn't hurt.