Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

could somebody post a pic of bellows for me

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could somebody post a pic of bellows for me

need a pic of an actual SLP smooth bellow and a pic of that wannabe bellow with the rib in the middle, not the fernco got sent a bellow/coupler with the rib advertised as an SLP bellow
Old 10-07-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
need a pic of an actual SLP smooth bellow and a pic of that wannabe bellow with the rib in the middle, not the fernco got sent a bellow/coupler with the rib advertised as an SLP bellow
There are pictures on eBay of the wannabe, and plenty of pictures of the SLP at vendor websites linking from this page. A wannabe has one rib, the new SLP one looks like somebody molded rubber around a big tennis ball, and then added a tube coming out one side to connect to the MAF and another on the other side at a weird angle to connect to the TB. The SLP one doesn't really have a "rib" anymore.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:59 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check my website (click pic), its the latest rendition of the SLP bellow. the old design SLP bellow looked a bit different so you still might infact have an SLP bellow just not the new design they use now.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

was the older SLP bellow molded at an angle to fit from the maf to the tbody? cuz the one i got has one definite rib in it and no angled just straight, i got it in the box there was that piece then about a 2" wide piece and 3 clamps? so it looks to me like someone bought the wannabe cut it to fit and sent me all the stuff this was sold to blownGTX advertised as an SLP bellow then sold to me as an SLP bellow, i just want the damn bellow like you got JRP im damn well know its not gonna gain anything i just want it cuz im put a NX MAF kit on and i dont want fuel puddling in the stock bellow plus the SLP looks nicer, anyone know of a SLP bellow newer style like JRPs for sale? let me know
Old 10-08-2004, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the new bellow from MTI
Old 10-10-2004, 02:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I got one of the sucker supposed SLP bellows, it looks like a straight through that you could find in the plumbing aisle in Lowes. I had to cut the crap out of it continually to keep it from pushing the SLP lid sideways and knocking the clip off it. I would be interested in information on an AWESOME bellow that will fit without having to cut the hell out of it. This car is too nice to have hacked up parts on it! Thanks friends.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is this the one they sent you?

Old 10-10-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Man, that clear lid would look awesome on my car...since I don't have a MAF and you would be able to see clear into the throttle body while the car was running. I don't know how I feel about those bellows though.