Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TD's with XR-1's ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TD's with XR-1's ?

I've heard vid clips of people with true duals and i've seen pics of over the axle TD's. but i have two questions
1) Is it possible to have TD's with two XR-1's over the axle?
2) if it's not than will you be able to see the two mufflers before the axle with turn downs?

My car is not lowered..suspension is still stock. Thanks
Old 10-08-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by white00ws6
I've heard vid clips of people with true duals and i've seen pics of over the axle TD's. but i have two questions
1) Is it possible to have TD's with two XR-1's over the axle?
2) if it's not than will you be able to see the two mufflers before the axle with turn downs?

My car is not lowered..suspension is still stock. Thanks
Yes.. it's possible to run pipe over the axle, and have the Borlas out back. It has been done, I just can't remember the guys board name. He has a clip on www.ls1sounds.com. Its a supercharged WS6 I believe.

I had TDs w/ Borla XR-1s dumped at the axle. The mufflers are visible, just like all other mufflers that are dumped. Ground clearance was ok, but not the best. I have a sound clip in my sig.

SSOnYourSix also has Borla XR-1s dumped, but he did the floorboard mod, and tucked the mufflers up nicely.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

remove floor board? wow. the reason i ask if they're visible is because i know that on a camaro, the muffler is totally visible, but with the ws6's, it's a lil more covered than a camaro. thanks a lot for ur info.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by white00ws6
remove floor board? wow. the reason i ask if they're visible is because i know that on a camaro, the muffler is totally visible, but with the ws6's, it's a lil more covered than a camaro. thanks a lot for ur info.
Nah, it's not removing the floorboard. It just hammering or pressing the floorboard up to gain some clearance.

What's your email, I can send you some pictures of the Borlas from behind on my Camaro.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:24 PM
bbz
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Nah, it's not removing the floorboard. It just hammering or pressing the floorboard up to gain some clearance.

What's your email, I can send you some pictures of the Borlas from behind on my Camaro.
send me some pics. my63nova@houston.rr.com

I have the same mufflers and I need to gain some clearance. Will the back seats still be usable?

thanks.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bbz
send me some pics. my63nova@houston.rr.com

I have the same mufflers and I need to gain some clearance. Will the back seats still be usable?

thanks.
The seats will move up a bit, but you can make them flush again by removing some of the padding from the bottom of the seat.

Check the webshots in my sig. I added some pictures of mine. I'm also adding the two that I have of SSonYourSix's setup.