Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Overhaul...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Overhaul...

Now, I have read all of the posts, most notably Jerami's default to every newbie (me). But, I need some "from the street" reviews and opinions of Direct-Flo -vs- SLP Lids / FTRA -vs- SSRA / and Bellow suggestions. I need people who have all of these or one of these and their opinions on each and ANYTHING else you may know that I NEED to know before buying and upgrading my intake system. Note: Later upgrades to include TB and MAF. Please lend me a hand gents!!! Thanks alot to everyone!
Old 10-13-2004, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey what's going on. I just redid my intake in July and I went with an SLP lid, because I got an awesome deal on it. I'm happy with it so far, no issue with it. I wanted to go FTRA, but I also found a good deal on the SLP cold air induction kit, and got that...it's cool as well, but the FTRA has the block-off plate which is nice. I descreened my stock MAF, doesn't do anything really. I left my stock bellows, as it doesn't make much of a difference. Haven't touched the TB yet, but I'm just going to get a ported stock one. I also added an LS6 intake, which is badass. Best of luck, and let me know if I can help you in any way.
Adam
Old 10-13-2004, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the advice...
Old 10-13-2004, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lid is a lid. According to polls on ls1tech.com, the TSP lid gets the nod for quality and fitment. With FTRA, some complain of excess heat as it blocks the radiator some.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Viper
Lid is a lid. According to polls on ls1tech.com, the TSP lid gets the nod for quality and fitment. With FTRA, some complain of excess heat as it blocks the radiator some.

As a side note....unless you get a spankin deal on SLP stuff, I'd personally avoid their gear. Its overpriced for the most part. TSP has a pretty nice lid. Another option is a FIPK, but thats a bit more expensive. Looks badass tho
Old 10-13-2004, 04:42 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lids, bellows, ram air, ported TB's - they're all the same.

Pick one, slap it on and don't look back.

Keep the stock MAF.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq

As a side note....unless you get a spankin deal on SLP stuff, I'd personally avoid their gear. Its overpriced for the most part. TSP has a pretty nice lid. Another option is a FIPK, but thats a bit more expensive. Looks badass tho
****, that's the only reason I got any of my SLP gear. Good deals on decent, though normally overpriced products.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

i got my slp cold air induction for 25$ thats the only reason i got it it is usually 130. but it does work good i also have the whisper lid and a slp smooth bellow thati got for 20 $. slp is way overpriced !!!!!!!