Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blocking off air tubes w/o pulling air.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default blocking off air tubes w/o pulling air.

Guys,

I have AIR blockoff plates ready to be installed. The check valves are so bad I am ready to just take the whole thing off. Unfortiunatly I can not do it yet due to a surgery I just had. (cant lift/bend/do anything of the sort) Can I install the AIR block off plates and just remove the metal portion of the connector while leaving the rubber open? This would be temporary, but is there any reason I cant do this?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure, just pull the fuse from the air pump.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

cool, sounds good to me. I had my AIR codes deleted from a tune a while back.

Just to verify:
I can unbolt the hard tubing that hooks to the little flange on the header, then remove that from the rubber hose that it attaches to. Then pull the fuse to the pump and i should be set?

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-13-2004, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

Yep, thats all you need to do. Just make sure to secure the hose and everything so the hose doesnt get caught in the belt or just whack around on everything.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Actually there's a small vacuum line in the back that goes from the top of the valve (where the 2 hoses go in), to a solenoid, to in back of the intake. That will be open briefly on startup even though the pump is off. You can either unplug the harness to the solenoid (will set a code), or plug that vacuum line (it's sort of hard to reach).
Old 10-13-2004, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

my codes are deleted. So, also just unplug that typical engine harness connector to the solenoid along with everything else mentioned?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by patSS/00
Actually there's a small vacuum line in the back that goes from the top of the valve (where the 2 hoses go in), to a solenoid, to in back of the intake. That will be open briefly on startup even though the pump is off. You can either unplug the harness to the solenoid (will set a code), or plug that vacuum line (it's sort of hard to reach).

I put that small vacuum line on one of the coil screws. It fits perfect. Got the idea from someone on this site.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

did it this morning. put block off plates in, pulled fuse, pulled plug to the solenoid. worked like a charm. thanks a bunch guys. now i can get the pump and stuff out at my leisure.