Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with tsp true duals

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with tsp true duals

Ok this may be a dumb question but, I have the tsp rumbler x system with 18 bullets, im putting everything on right now but they came without instructions, where do the mufflers bolt onto, do I have to drill holes, I would assume not since there were not bolts included with the kit. Thanks for any info.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Once again...weld the hangers on or bolt it up (drill hole @ put bolt through). If you can't do so, then drive open headers to any exhaust shop and they will hook you up. I've noticed many people get all connections except the headers welded while they are there as well. Some get flanges on the headers, others don't.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by skippytheloon
Once again...weld the hangers on or bolt it up (drill hole @ put bolt through). If you can't do so, then drive open headers to any exhaust shop and they will hook you up. I've noticed many people get all connections except the headers welded while they are there as well. Some get flanges on the headers, others don't.
I had flanges welded onto the headers so that I have a leak free seal. Rest of the system is welded and I bolted the hangar brackets on. I would not weld the brackets since 1). the metal on the car is so thin that you might burn right through and 2). If it is welded then you cant take it off without breaking the weld.

My .02 cents.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:16 AM
Banned

After a couple days, I'll be taking my car to the exhaust shop. I'm certain he'll utilize flanges on the end pipe since it may be a custom muffler. That way, there won't be a lot of time required to move if doing some suspension work etc. Normally there would be two hangers intermediate pipe back iirr, however dont know before the axle or after.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:02 AM
TECH Regular

Default Thanks

Thanks, I was starting to figure that was what had to be done, but since it didn't come with any bolts I was thinking I was doing something wrong. Thanks again.